- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator, or any other metallic or electronic implant anywhere in the body. The Handpiece should be used at least 1cm away from cochlear implants in the ear.
- Permanent implant in the treated area such as metal plates, screws and metal piercing, silicone implants or an injected chemical substance, unless deep enough in the periosteal plane.
- Intradermal or superficial sub-dermal areas that have been injected with HA/collagen/fat injections or other augmentation methods with bio-material during the last 6 months.
- Current or history of skin cancer, or current condition of any other type of cancer, or pre-malignant moles. ▪ Severe concurrent conditions, such as cardiac disorders, sensory disturbances, epilepsy, uncontrolled hypertension, and liver or kidney diseases.
- Pregnancy and nursing.
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, autoimmune disorders or use of immunosuppressive medications.
- Patients with a history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area, may be treated only following a prophylactic regimen.
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes or thyroid dysfunction and hormonal virilization.
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema, and rash.
- Any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last 3 months or before complete healing.
- Use of Isotretinoin (Accutane®) within 6 months prior to treatment.
- Discontinue any irritant topical agents for 2-3 days prior to treatment and if medically permitted, anticoagulants should be stopped 1-2 weeks prior treatment.
- Clean the face, remove creams/lotions and makeup, and dry the skin.
- Avoid very hot water for 2 days after the treatment.
- Avoid scrubbing, pinching etc. of the treated area.
- Moisturizer and makeup may be applied to the skin surface immediately post treatment and use SPF sunscreen