- If pregnant / breastfeeding consult with your physician
- Any active infection at injection site
- Discuss with provider if you have a diagnosed anxiety disorder
The following are important treatment instructions for you to understand to help avoid unsatisfactory results and complications.
- If you are taking medications that may prolong bleeding, you may experience increased bruising at the injection site. Avoid aspirin, NSAIDs (ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, etc.), vitamin E, fish oil, ginger, ginkgo, green tea, garlic, ginseng, or St. John’s Wort for 10 days prior to your treatment. PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU ARE TAKING ONE OF THESE BEFORE YOU ARE INJECTED. If you are prescribed any of these medications by a different physician, you must consult with them prior to stopping any medication.
- Arnika Forte tablets contain the herb Arnica and the pineapple-derived enzyme Bromelin, which help to minimize bruising and swelling. They can be taken one day before and up to seven days after your procedure, and can be purchased in our office.
- Kybella® should be used with caution in patients on immunosuppressive therapy, or therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as there may be an increased risk of infection.
- The safety of Kybella® for use during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or in patients under 18 years has not been established.